Sunday, July 15, 2012


Tomorrow is a very important appointment for my dad up at OHSU. We have to be up there by 9a and he's meeting with his oncologist. My dad is supposed to get his last infusion of Yervoy tomorrow, but I'm not sure if he's going to or not. It is a very major appointment...if they decide not to do the last infusion, that means my dad is literally out of options. He isn't eligible for any clinical trials, nor is he eligible for any other types of chemo. The Yervoy was it. It only has a success rate of about 10-20% so we knew going into it working on him was a long-shot, it's just frustrating knowing that there is nothing else on the market to help him. Yervoy is a miracle drug for patients who can receive it, but we need MORE options for stage 4 patients. It is unacceptable to me that there isn't anything else my dad can take or try. I know finding a cure of melanoma isn't going to happen in the near future, but it seems like there should be more treatment options available to him. It's just extremely frustrating and maddening. My dad did everything right and now he is dying from it. It doesn't make sense. Please send your prayers, positive thoughts and love tomorrow morning. We need all we can get. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment