Monday, July 23, 2012

It's been a rough day.


So I just left dad's house. He asked me to come out and run errands for him since he is unable to be on his feet today for more than 2-3 minutes. I dropped off prescriptions and picked one up, as well as some gatorade for him. He has lost a lot of weight and doesn't have much of an appetite at all. He didn't want me to stay long and promptly kicked me out after I set his change on the counter. He asked me to come back in the morning to pick up the meds that were dropped off for a refill today. He's very tired, not talkative and he is wanting to rest. He has appointments Thursday and Friday. Thurs he is having his PET scan to look for abdominal/stomach tumors (and all over his body as well), adn after the scan we are meeting with his oncologist to go over those results. 
Friday he is having a new mask made for his brain radiation, as well as an MRI in the brain, and a meeting with his neurologist as a follow-up to the brain surgery. And other than that I have ordered dad to rest lots, stay hydrated, and to call me if he needs ANYTHING at ANYTIME. I met his neighbor across the street, Jim, and he knows about dad's situation so he gave me his phone number and told me to call anytime if we feel that dad needs a wellness check and we can't be there right away. His neighbors and community are so amazing and nice. That's all I have in terms of updates!
I just got remembered that I forgot tell you guys some good news! His leg with the tumor has shrunk significantly! It looks MUCH better than it ever has, which means the radiation is shrinking the tumor!! He was very happy about that. The PET scan on Thursday will show us how much it has shrank since he had radiation on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment