Saturday, May 26, 2012

Small Update!

Hey, all!

There really hasn't been much to update on. I'm not in remission with my Crohn's afterall, which is a major bummer. I should be starting Remicade soon and that will hopefully put me into remission ASAP! I am having surgery June 7th for my Endometriosis, just to laser it off and check on my bladder and all that jazz. Hopefully it will help!

I'm just so tired, to be totally honest. Not just from sleep deprivation, just from being sick. I so desperately want to be healthy and in remission and pain free. It's exhausting in every capacity to be sick ALL. THE. TIME. And unless you ARE chronically ill, you can't even begin to fathom what it's like. Yes being sick short-term sucks ass, but it is a blessing in disguise. You know you will heal, even if it takes a couple weeks. With me it is a hope that someday I can wake up and not have it be from joint pain, stomach cramping, or the urge to use the bathroom IMMEDIATELY. I don't know when or if I will ever be in remission. I pray for it every day. I want it more than anything.

I was at the ER yesterday with a health scare that just turned out to be an allergy to a new medication. But I was also at the ER LAST Friday, and before that as well. Believe it or not, I absolutely hate hospitals and doctors. I would be the happiest woman in the world if I could just avoid hospitals and clinics for the rest of my life. Maybe someday I will be able to cut back visits to once or twice a year, instead of 2+ per month. Just count your blessings and appreciate the good in your life, because it could always be worse.

With all of that said, I am going to go take a nap I think! I was so sick at RJ's show last night and I feel awful about missing it, but that's the beauty of Crohn's-I can be fine one minute and then in a literal instant I can be throwing up and sick for hours. Have a great weekend, everybody. Don't forget to take a moment and remember why there is a holiday this weekend. So many amazing men and women have fought for our freedoms and lost their lives. Be thankful and never take their sacrifice for granted. RIP Kory and Cooper. We love and miss you every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment