Friday, October 26, 2012

Saying Goodbye

I lost a friend the evening of October 24th from Cystic Fibrosis. She was only 28 years old. Her life was amazing, and she was a true angel here on earth. I met her through my boyfriend; she was the lead singer of his band, Staller. She had an amazing voice to go with her amazing soul. She was love and light wrapped up in happiness. Like friends, she and I had our ups and downs, but at the end we had some very in-depth, spiritual discussions and she forgave me for things I did and I forgave her. She died 2 days after that spiritual discussion. Because nobody was present to that conversation, and because he didn't wish to hear my side of things, her husband essentially "banned" me from attending her funeral this afternoon. I cried for hours last night when my boyfriend informed me of that. I wanted nothing more than to pay my respects to a woman who has not only helped me during times of strife and hardships, but she helped my dad as well until he died. I had no intention of starting drama (which is what was assumed would happen if I went), I Just wanted to hold my boyfriend's hand, console him, and say goodbye to my friend, Crystal. I was not allowed this.

I wanted to say goodbye. I wanted to see her placed and laid to rest at the cemetery. That's not asking for much. I don't understand how people can be so cruel and thoughtless and careless. Can't people set aside their problems for an hour to let others grieve and say goodbye? It's not about him-it's about HER. Saying goodbye to Crystal. One of the greatest women I've ever known.

My soul is crushed by not being able to have seen her off, but I know she is around in spirit and I can always talk to her spiritually. She and I know that I did nothing wrong. I just wish other people would have been told the truth long before she had passed, and maybe I would have had an opportunity to say goodbye to my beautiful friend.

RIP Crystal. You are going to be truly, truly missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment