Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BIG NEWS!

I am SO excited to announce that as of today I am officially enrolled in school! I start my Medical Assistant classes on Monday! It's a 9 month course and my graduation date is July 3, 2013! I will be training to for a Certified Medical Assistant career, which means I will take vital signs, do charting, medical receptioning, handling insurance claims, giving shots, assisting with procedures, drawing blood, and lots more! I have been a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) for 4 years now and Medical Assisting pays more, and is a bit more relaxed and less physically demanding on my body than CNA work, so I know I will be able to do this job. It's a great career and if I decide to further my health care education and do nursing, it's an excellent stepping stone!
With this job I can work in medical weight loss centers, medical spas, doctor's offices, clinics, hospitals, Planned Parenthood, birthing centers, dentist offices, surgery centers, and so much more! I will be taking the Oregon licensing exam and then I will be taking the national licensing exam as well, so I can work as a CMA anywhere!
This is a HUGE step for me and I know my dad would be proud :) I can't believe I start school on Monday!! The Medical Assisting program has the best schedule, too! It's Monday-Thursday, 7:30a-1:30p! We have 3 day weekends and 6 hour days, including a lunch break. My tuition also includes a stethoscope and blood pressure cuff and lab jacket, including textbooks, that I get to keep!
Obviously I am excited. I can't wait to start and tell you all more about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment