Thursday, September 13, 2012

What an amazing 30+ hours it has been :)


I spent Wednesday at the Oregon coast with RJ and we had an incredible time. It was just what I needed :) Today around noon he and I climbed part of a sand dune, slipped under a fence where people weren't allowed to go, climbed down into some tide pools and released some of my dad's ashes into a beautiful cave. Nobody would even know it was there if they played it safe and stayed behind the fence, but I knew it would be great. It was very hard letting even just that small amount go, but with RJ by my side and the cool breeze on my skin, I released him into the ocean. It was perfect. Well worth the sore muscles I am going to have tomorrow :) Here is a photo of the cave where we went. This photo does not do it justice. I love you, dad. I hope the waves take you on many more adventures in your afterlife :)


And as a bonus, here is a great photo of RJ and I on the beach :) We spent the night and now we are home, and although I am sad to leave the beautiful coast, I am happy to be moving forward with my life and grief. Letting that small bit of dad go really has helped me emotionally. It has been amazing 30+ hours :)



No comments:

Post a Comment