Thursday, September 27, 2012

Health update on me.

I found out today that I have Esophageal Crohn's Disease, as well as IBS and, of course, good ol' fashioned Crohn's. I mean...seriously. I know it affects every part of the digestive system from the mouth to the anus, but seriously, can't it leave my mouth and throat alone?! I've always wondered why I have had problems now and then swallowing food. Sometimes I swallow food (soft foods, even liquids) and it HURTS. It feels like a giant rock is lodged in my throat and the pain hits deep in my chest and behind my breastbone, in my back. Sometimes I throw up food IMMEDIATELY after swallowing it.  Now I know why-because of Crohn's Dysphagia (sp?)...ugh. I guess it's pretty rare and people can even develop fistulas and strictures in the esophagus. It's so scary to think about! I am just so beyond stressed. When do I get to catch a freaking break?! I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment